Do you love makeup? Do you have a massive collection of lipsticks, palettes and creams? Do you save up for limited edition collections, and enjoy trying out different looks and trends?
If yes, you need a makeup organizer that can hold several products and tools, and have compartments that can hold big palettes and compacts. One option is the Spinning Acrylic Makeup Organizer by N2 Makeup Co.
This brand has several makeup organizers for serious makeup collectors: trays that can hold multiple compacts, 7-tier shelves for pencils and mascaras, and even a special case for false eyelashes. However, the Spinning Acrylic Makeup Organizer is the most popular item in their catalogue.
Unlike other acrylic containers, the Spinning Acrylic Makeup Organizer has a vertical design. It is tall and compact, like a tower. It takes up very minimal space on your vanity or bathroom counter. You can even put it in a corner – since it spins, you’ll be able to reach the side compartments with one flick of your wrist.
It has 72 lipstick holder slots, so you can have a full range of colors at your disposal. The big slots can hold both standard bullet lipsticks and longer lip crayons or glosses. Unfortunately, there is no area to hold lip pots, small lipstick palettes, or the increasingly popular “tube” lipsticks like those sold by Lancome.
It has 16 slots for powder compacts – enough to carry your bronzers, blushes, highlighters, finishing powders and contouring palettes. These are very wide slots, so even bigger and thicker packaging (like those of Milani and MAC) will fit in quite nicely.
The double side holsters can hold brushes, lip and eyeliner pencils, mascaras, or longer eyeshadow palettes.
Pros & Cons
At $119, the Spinning Acrylic Makeup Organizer is considerably more expensive than other containers. Here are the pros and cons to help you decide if it’s worth the investment.
- The heavy-duty, high-quality acrylic won’t crack or break. It’s also quite stable – there are no risks that it will topple over when you spin it around.
- Thanks to the vertical storage design, it can hold more things and still take up less space.
- It holds products that won’t normally fit in other acrylic containers. For example, most makeup organizers will only accommodate 12 lipsticks, but this one can hold 72 – that’s four times more products that you can display on your bathroom counter!
- It protects your compacts, which are easily the most fragile makeup products in your collection. You never have to worry about dropping your blush and seeing it shatter into a million powdery bits. Each item has its own slot, so you can get what you need and return it as soon as you’re done.
- It looks stylish. The chic black color and spinning design resembles the display counters of your favorite brands. It also coordinates with the other items by N2 Makeup Co., which are made of similar black acrylic.
- It has a money back guarantee. If you’re not happy with the product, you can return it and get a refund with no questions asked.
- It’s considerably more expensive than other acrylic organizers, which tend to cost between $40 to $60.
- It is primarily designed to hold lipstick and large compacts. The side compartments can carry brushes and lip pencils, but there’s no space for bottles, tubes, single eyeshadow quads, or smaller beauty items. So if you have a lot of these beauty knickknacks – and most makeup collectors do — you’ll still need to buy separate containers.
- You won’t be able to see the colors of your lipsticks, unless the packaging has a color swatch at the bottom. For brands like MAC, which just has a sticker with the color number, you’ll either have to make a paper swatch yourself, or manually open each lipstick bullet to check the shade.
- The small slots are tricky to wipe and clean.
Due to the price and the rather specialized function of this makeup organizer (it primarily holds palettes and lipsticks), this is probably more suited to a serious makeup collector with a lot of products. After all, what’s the point of having 72 lipstick slots if you only own 5?
That being said, if you do own a lot of makeup, then it makes sense to invest in a storage system like this one. You have probably spent over thousands of dollars on powders and lipsticks alone. If you just hide them in boxes or drawers, chances are you only really end up using a few of them simply because it’s so inconvenient to get what you need.
The Spinning Acrylic Makeup Organizerwill put order and sense into your beauty stash. It may be expensive, but it’s more cost-efficient than never using the products you already paid for.