Our morning beauty routine can involve dozens of bottles and tubes – not just makeup, but skincare and haircare products and tools. These usually end up cluttering our bathroom counter.Sometimes we hide them into drawers or plastic bins. It looks neater, but it takes longer to find what we need.
The best beauty and makeup organizer doesn’t just store products, but simplifies your daily routine. Here’s what to look for:
- Big, roomy compartments. It should be able to hold tall bottles (like sprays and toners) or bulky hair brushes and mascara curlers.
- Convenient pockets for smaller items. Look for zippered sections where you can tuck in eyeshadows or bobby pins. The best makeup organizers will also have loops where you can insert brushes and eyeliner or lip pencils.
- Easy to clean. Your container will inevitably get streaked with powders or oils. To avoid bacteria growth (which can get into your makeup and skincare, causing acne and hastening expiration of your products) you should clean it at least once a month. Look for materials that you can wash with soap and water.
- Saves space.Look for an organizer that takes up very little physical space, or can be hung on a hook or kept in a cabinet when you don’t need it.
We found one makeup organizer that meets most of this criteria: the Lavievert Toiletry Bag. It can be used to hold any kind of beauty product, from skincare to makeup. It can be used as a travel bag, in case you want to bring many items for an extended trip, but it’s also a very handy way of organizing everything you need to get ready in the morning.
This large bag has a main compartment that is large enough to fit tall shampoo, hairstyling or skincare products. That section is divided into two layered tiers, so you can see the bottles right away and divide them according to function. For example, you can put all your skincare essentials in one row, then line up your foundation and BB creams in the second.
The zippered pocket on the lid is handy for eyeshadow, blush, highlighter, cotton buds, and other beauty essentials. You can fit about 2 or 3 small compacts here, as long as they’re not too thick or wide. Longer eyeshadowpalettes like Urban Decay won’t fit, but you can place it in the main compartment.
It has two elastic loops that can hold mascaras, makeup pencils. The side pockets can hold even more brushes and your mascara curler. There are also mesh pockets that can hold smaller bottles like serums, primers, glosses, or cream makeup products. Additional sidepackets have elastic loops to hold makeup brushes.
This makeup organizer can be zippered up to fit into a cabinet or on counter or hung by its plastic hook on a door handle, shower rod, or wall.
Pros and Cons
There’s no such thing as an “ultimate” makeup organizer. Every container has its pros and cons, and you just pick one that best suits your needs. Let’s weigh the pros and cons of the LavievertToiletry Bag.
- The size and shape can accommodate big, bulky beauty products that won’t fit in most acrylic makeup organizers.
- Even if it’s large, the zippered compartments and dividers let you organize smaller items. This means you don’t have to rummage through the contents to find what you need, and minimizes the risk of breaking a delicate powder compact.
- The clear pockets lets you see the contents right away.
- Since it’s designed to be portable, you can bring all your beauty essentials from one room to another, or pack everything you need for a long trip.
- The material is easy to clean. You can immediately wipe away any spills, or give it a thorough wash with soap and water. It doesn’t stain, and the dark colors don’t show signs of wear and tear.
- The side pockets can carry all your brushes.
- There are separate zippered pockets where you can hygienically store items like makeup removers, cotton buds and balls, or towels.
- It is ideal for small bathrooms, since it can be hung on the wall.
- It is an excellent travel bag. Aside from makeup and skincare, it can hold grooming essentials like shavers and toothbrushes, and the material is waterproof and leak-proof.
- It can’t hold your entire makeup collection. You will probably have to pick your most-used items and store the others in drawers.
- The bottom is soft and offers little protection, so your compacts can break if you drop this.
- The plastic hook may not be able to carry very heavy products. If you’re hanging this on a shower rod or wall, don’t put in any products with heavy or breakable packaging.
- This is not the best makeup organizer for people who love lipsticks, because the zippered pockets can’t carry many tubes, and you won’t be able to see the shade.
The LavievertPortable Makeup Organizer is a compact, well-designed bag that can carry different kinds of products. It can’t hold a large makeup collection, but it can fit all the products you can expect to use in one day. Since it is portable, it is particularly useful if you travel often.
If I had to rate LavievertPortable Makeup Organizer, I would likely give it a 4 out of 5 stars. It would get a higher rating if it had a more cushioned bottom and a sturdier hook, to help prevent any makeup from breaking in case the bag accidentally falls.