Makeup is very important to nearly every female over the age of 12. Whether it is a simple lip gloss, or a full-face contouring and shading, makeup makes us look better, and allows us to feel better about how we look. We can hide any blemishes or flaws, and highlight areas that we want to show off.
However, if you have makeup, you need to have a place to store it as well. You cannot just keep your makeup items anywhere, especially if you want to maintain some semblance of neatness. If you want to find the items you need when you are in a rush, you will not have time to search through a messy area on you bathroom counter or vanity top. Having all your makeup items in one location will save time when you are looking for them.
Now, the question is, what do you do to keep your house neat as well as all those products in a safe place and easy reach?
There are several solutions to this problem. You can buy a makeup organizer, which comes in different shapes and sizes, as well as different price ranges. You can either buy a makeup organizer or make a cosmetic organizer yourself. If you are short on money, then we would recommend you to make your makeup organizer yourself. Designingand making your own cosmetic organizer is easy, fun and inexpensive.
DIY makeup organizers
Now, before you actually learn how to make makeup organizers, consider the number of makeup products you have and how much space you will need to store it all. Making a cosmetic organizer might be easy, but you should always be careful about its design as well because you do not want to make a cosmetic organizer that looks cheap and of low quality. Here are a few DIY makeup organizers that you can easily make without spending more than $10 to $15.
- Plant pots DIY makeup organizer—Do youhave a small flower pot lying around in your house? If yes, then take it out and use it. Clean the pot thoroughly and let it dry. If you like painting or love colors, get creative with it. Now add some rocks or colored stonesto the flower pot and use it as your makeup brush holder
- Shoe organizer as cosmetic organizer—If you do not have much counter space, buy a cheap shoe organizer and hang it on your bathroom or closet door, or on your roomor bathroom wall. Now, you will have much more space and you will be able to put all your makeup products,including your hairbrush, makeup brushes, lip liners, etc. in your makeup organizer
- Clean storage containers as makeup organizers—Buy some clean storage containers, buckets, or baskets, and usesome creativity to make them look beautiful. Use these storage containers as makeup organizers for keeping all your lip-pencils, eyeliners, etc. in them
- Candle DIY makeup organizer—If you have several old candles then glue, get rid of the old wax and thoroughly clean the glass candle holder. Glue them together in a triangle shape, with the openings on the outside, and the sides glued together, and use it as a holder for lipsticks, lip gloss, foundation, concealer and whatever else might fit
- Magnetic makeup organizer—Magnetic makeup organizers are pretty easy to make and they look like pretty wall art. It must take a lot of time for you to do your makeup if you have all the makeup items stored on top of one another in layers. With the help of magnetic makeup organizer, which will display your products on the wall, you can quickly locate your makeup items
- Vintage Bundt pans and vintage dinnerware—Not using your vintage dinnerware because you think it’s not very classy? You can use these unused items to store your make up, either as is, or by adding a few artistic touches to give it a more personalized appearance. Use the center hole of the Bundt pan to hold your hair and makeup brushes. Adding a vintage touch to your vanity table would make it look even more interesting
- Tray makeup organizer—If you are one of those people who like to have their products on show, there is an inexpensive and fun way to do just that.For a more customized look, you can buy your own low-priced tray and use it as a makeup holder.You can either use it just as it is or you can add an artist touch with some paint and some scrapbook paper.
There are several other ways to make your own makeup organizer, but the above given are arguably the cheapest and provide the best results. The DIY makeup organizers save your time, money and are made as per your requirements. If you do not have a lot of money to buy a commercially produced makeup organizer, recycle containers you may have around the home, and use your imagination and creativity to make an organizer for your makeup products and supplies.