Makeup lovers: it’s time to organize, enjoy and display your collection! Take your favorite lipsticks, eyeshadows and pencils out of the drawers and place them in a neat and stylish acrylic makeup organizer.
There are a lot of containers that you can use to hold your makeup, with each of them having their own pros and cons. However, we’ve found that acrylic makeup organizers have several benefits:
- You see the products. The clear material lets you immediately find what you’re looking for.
- Less risk of breakage or spillage. Your makeup fits into the specially-designed drawers and slots, so they won’t wiggle or roll around the way they would in a bag or shelf.
- Looks stylish. All makeup lovers know the thrill of seeing lipstick tubes lined up in a pretty row. Besides, most beauty products are designed to have beautiful packaging – show them off!
- Can be combined and customized. You can start with one acrylic storage set, then add more to suit your growing collection or specific needs.
If you’re looking for this kind of container, the Cosmopolitan Collection’s Best Acrylic Makeup Organizer is a stylish, affordable and durable option.
This makeup organizer is made of heavy-duty, high-quality acrylic. It doesn’t crack easily, and is resistant to scratches. The company even gives a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and cheekily declares that its material is “so strong that it can beat up John Cena!”
One thing’s for sure: it can help you beat clutter. It has two pieces that you can put side by side, or stack for vertical storage.
The first piece has three drawers. The two lower drawers can hold pencils and mascaras, while top layer is divided into two drawers that can hold small items like false eyelashes or single quad eyeshadows. You can place items on top of it, too. It’s wide enough to hold long eyeshadow palettes, or you can line up about 4 bottles or tubes.
The second piece has a lipstick rack that can carry 8 standard-sized lipsticks or glosses. There are three compartments where you can put compacts, brushes, palettes, or makeup sponges. These compartments are “open” so it doesn’t matter how tall your products are – the main issue is thickness. You have about 1.5 to 2 inches, so it can fit one thick or bulky item or two or three thinner items.
Pros & Cons
There are many acrylic makeup organizers, so it’s up to you to pick a design that works with your collection. This list of pros and cons can help you decide.
- It’s made of durable acrylic. Cheaper plastic will crack, scuff and eventually look cloudy. This is high-quality material that is so clear that it actually looks like glass.
- It’s easy to clean. If your makeup spills, you can quickly clean up the mess with diaper wipes.
- The drawers keep products safe and hygienic. Your lip pencils won’t break or snap off (which can happen if you store them in makeup bags), and mascaras and false eyelashes won’t be exposed to moisture where bacteria can grow.
- The compartments are versatile. They are wide and thick enough for you to put even bulkier items like compacts. Or, you can use them to hold makeup brushes, chubby lip and eye pencils, or whatever beauty tools you use every day.
- Limited lipstick storage. There’s only room for 8 tubes and lip balms, and most women own more than that! You’ll probably need to pick the ones you use more often, and then change them when you’re ready for another set of colors.
- The drawers can’t fit bulkier compacts.You can store one or two small eyeshadow palettes or blushes, but larger or thicker compacts (like those you would get from MAC) will be too large.
- Takes up space. You’ll need to clear out an area on your bathroom counter or vanity, because once you set this up and then fill it with products you won’t be able to conveniently move it around.
- No dedicated area for liquid foundation and other bottles. You can technically put bottles and tubes on top of the first piece, but they’ll wriggle and fall when you try to open the drawers.
Everyone’s makeup collection is unique, and the task of finding a makeup organizer starts with asking yourself what products you want to display.
The Cosmopolitan Collection’s Best Acrylic Makeup Organizer is designed to hold a small amount of lipsticks, pencils, and a few compacts and brushes. This is enough to complete a makeup look, and will definitely be enough for those who just want to have their basic makeup and a few alternatives at their fingertips.
However, this system will not work if you’re the type who uses a lot of liquid products (there’s no space for bottles, and limited space for pots and jars) and large compacts and palettes. For this reason, we’d probably give it a 4/5 rating.
If you love Cosmopolitan’s sleek and stylish look, then consider using this for some of your essentials and keeping your other items on a tray or a wall shelf. Acrylic makeup organizers are – as we mentioned in the beginning – can be combined and complemented.